Factors affecting the user experience design in the context of e-commerce applications for university students in Turkey

This study aims to identify the factors affecting the user experience on E-Commerce applications in Turkey, in order to identify the positive and negative aspects of these factors in the user experience. As results of that, it is aimed to develop the user experience and review an appropriate framework for electronic commerce.

This study answers the basic question: What are the factors affecting the user experience on e-commerce applications in Turkey? To achieve the aims of the study, the researcher relied on the survey descriptive approach.

The questionnaire was used as a tool for collecting information through the quantitative method for data collection. The most prominent 10 e-commerce applications in Turkey were selected, they are Trendyol, Hepsiburada, n11, Dolap, Morhipo, FLO, GittiGidiyor, DeFacto, ModaCruz, Çiçeksepeti The sample community consists from university students, divided into four geographical regions according to the nature of every region, Ankara as political, Istanbul as economic, Kocaeli as industrial, and Antalya as touristic region.

They were distributed randomly to the students of these areas’ universities. 400 questionnaires were distributed, of which 388 people responded as users of e-commerce applications, of whom 17.5% answered that they do not use applications, while the rest answered yes with a percentage of 82.5%.

We found that there is a strong and positive relationship between all variables related to the user experience. The most prominent of these relationships are between information design with content requirements and page design with the navigation variable.

Also, there are relationships between the variables and the main study variable, which is the user experience, where the results emerged that the most affecting variable of the experience of applications in Turkey was the navigation variable where the results indicated that there is a strong correlation between navigation and the main question of the study, where the correlation rate is amounted to 86%, Next comes the designing the information with a correlation rate of 85%.

In terms of the least correlated, the results indicate that the least correlated with the study question is the usefulness variable, as the correlation reached about 59%, which is a weak correlation rate.


Tags: No tags

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *